Thuraya Satsleeve How it works
How It Works
The SatSleeve Hotspot and SatSleeve + both connect to your smartphone to give you satellite coverage when you are outside mobile reception areas. The SatSleeve is a satellite phone in its own right, it simply connects to your phone via Wi-Fi through the SatSleeve Hotspot App to give your smartphone a satellite connection for calls, SMS and data.
1. The SatSleeve fits or connects to most late model
smartphones running iOS or Android.
2. Download the SatSleeve Hotspot App from the App Store
or Google Play store.
3. Pair the SatSleeve and your smartphone via Wi-Fi through the
SatSleeve Hotspot App.
4. The SatSleeve has its own satellite SIM card that it uses to make a
connection to the satellite.
5. Make and receive calls and SMS and use data on your smartphone
using the SatSleeve as your connection.
1. The SatSleeve Hotspot connects to your smartphone via Wi-Fi through
the free SatSleeve Hotspot App.
2. Your SatSleeve Hotspot, like any satellite phone, must have line of
sight to the sky and have its antenna extended facing NW.
3. When you have established a connection you can make calls up to
30m from the SatSleeve Hotspot device.
1. The SatSleeve + has a universal adapter that fits most late model
2. Your smartphone can be clipped to the SatSleeve + using the
3. The SatSleeve + connects to your smartphone via Wi-Fi through the
free SatSleeve Hotspot App giving you a satellite connection.
4. Use your smartphone while it is connected to the SatSleeve ensuring
you have a clear line of sight to the sky and the antenna is extended